When I investigated which topics would be of most interest to Health & Beauty readers, one came regularly on the top of the list: Eye treatment => how to fight against dark circles, puffiness & wrinkles!
Before any recommendations, it is important to know that the eye area of the face is extremely sensitive for several reasons:
1. The skin is 5 times thinner than on the rest of the face,
2. There is no Hypodermis (normally there are 3 layers of skin: dermis, epidermis & hypodermis),
3. There is a weak secretion of sebum,
4. Allergies and/or nasal congestion can be a contributing factor.
… this should be sufficient to convince you that you should apply a specific cream around your eyes!
In addition to this, if you suffer from dark circles, it can be due to the fact that there is a poor blood circulation, as the skin is finer, the colour of the veins is much more apparent & more so with age. Last but not least, you have to take into consideration the “architecture” of your face: the lights, shadows are totally linked to the shape of your face, nose & your eye sockets.
Having said all of that, there is always a remedy!
Against DARK CIRCLES: you need to find a cream that stimulates the bloodstream & that contains pigments with light reflectors…
- Bionova: Dark circles control & eliminator (Technology: Life Science Nanotechnology, check article: Post “Bionova”)
- Shiseido: White Lucency (Brightening eye treatment: against melanin formation & poor local circulation)
- Korres: Wild Rose Serum (Vitamins C for skin colour disorders)
- Eve Lom: Eye Serum (Euphrasia extract: eye bright)
Against PUFFINESS: the aim is to suppress fat storage & then I would recommend:
- Clarins: Anti-fatigue (w/ white tea)
- Lancôme: Zen (NeuroCalm tech)
- Bliss: Baggage Handler Eye Gel (w/Cucumber & Cornflower extracts)
- Skyn Iceland: Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gel (Patches with Biospheric Eye Gel)
- ThisWorks: Tired Eye Serum (Cooling effect to reduce puffiness)
Against WRINKLES, if you are around 30 & you need just a cream to prevent fine lines, you need a good “anti-âge” cream that nicely moisturizes your skin. If you already have wrinkles, you need a cream, which nourishes & re-energizes the eye-zone.
- La Prairie (Cellular Technology)
- Natura Bissé: Diamond (Bio regenerative treatment)
- Guerlain: Success Eye Tech (Tech Eye Cellular Amber)
- Freeze 24*7: Anti-Aging Eye Serum (Promises to compete with Botox!)
- Tri-Aktiline: EyLipLex-2 (2 in 1 pack, day & night treatment)
FOR MEN, all in one products:
- Lab Series:
- Tom Robinn:
Finally, make-up is a great alternative to COVER DARK CIRCLES.
Or any other concealer, make sure you choose the right colour though!
Hope all of this will be of help…
- Beauty Expert, AB -